2025 – Summer Analyst Internship – Investment Grade Bond Syndicate
- Summer Internship
- US-NY-New York
The Investment Grade Bond Syndicate team is part of the Corporate & Institutional Banking division of BNP Paribas and has responsibility for all IG bond executions, with a focus on active book runner roles. The group works closely with both the origination and sales teams to ensure the marketability and best execution of strategically important transactions. The IG Bond Syndicate team executes transactions across 4 main verticals: Corporates, Financials, Emerging Markets and Private Placements. The team works seamlessly with global origination and distribution teams to leverage the global client franchise of the Bank, exhibiting a particular strength in the execution of both Domestic and Yankee transactions.
Members of the team maintain an active dialogue with the market, and are tasked with providing updates to both internal and external clients. Bond structure and pricing guidance is regularly supported by an analysis of comparable financings (comps) and investor dialogue.
The Syndicate team also supports the risk management decision process by developing a syndication strategy, which is presented in memo form as a part of the credit approval process.
Upon launch of a transaction, members of the team organize marketing calls, respond to investor questions, track and audit book building, and update the issuer and investors on the syndication progress.
In this role you will:
- Become knowledgeable with IG bond products and markets
- Become familiar with other debt related products offered by BNP Paribas
- Prepare comps and assist with maintenance of a comps database for purposes of pitching and market analysis
- Maintain new issue database to track the main metrics of primary market performance
- Perform general market research and form an understanding of where IG credit fits within the broader risk asset environment
- Assist in preparation of the syndication marketing materials under the guidance of senior team members
- Obtain up-to-date market/pricing information as requested
- Develop expertise with commonly used data sources and industry research such as Bloomberg, Moody’s, S&P, CreditSights, IFR
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
Our internship programs are a springboard for college students to launch their careers through exciting and intellectually stimulating opportunities.
They are highly driven, intellectually stimulating, and crafted to build your real-world capabilities. To succeed amongst our teams, we look for those with a strong academic story, sharp analytical skills, and the ability to articulate ideas well, to clients and colleagues alike.
- Graduation year of Winter 2025 – Spring 2026
- All majors accepted
- Excel skills preferred
WHAT DOES A SUMMER 2025 INTERNSHIP WITH BNP PARIBAS LOOK LIKE?
At BNP Paribas, our people are our greatest asset, and we are committed to helping you grow from day one. The internship program is our primary source for hiring early talent into the Bank, providing you with the network and resources you need to build a successful career.
Over 10 weeks, you will acquire in-depth insight into BNP Paribas and gain valuable and practical experience. Whichever area you are placed in, you will join a team of award-winning specialists in a dynamic, collaborative environment. Through the program, interns have a distinct opportunity to gain guidance from mentors and exposure to senior leaders within the Bank.
As an Intern, you will:
- Engage in an initial induction training that will set you up to succeed, and allow you to network with your intern class across all business divisions
- Complete technical projects and collaborate with colleagues across the Bank, gaining exposure to real work in order to identify your skills and explore where your interests align
- Participate in weekly senior speaker events and roundtable discussions to gain a comprehensive understanding of financial markets and the industry
- Network with colleagues and learn about industry topics through workshops and speaker series, as well as through philanthropy and social events
ABOUT BNP PARIBAS
BNP Paribas is a leading bank in Europe with an international reach across the US, EMEA and APAC. It has a presence in 65 countries, with nearly 190,000 employees. The bank employs over 3,500 people in offices in the US across 10 states including New York, Jersey City, Chesterbrook, PA, San Francisco, Boston, Chicago, Denver, Miami, and Washington, DC. BNP Paribas has built a strong and diversified presence to support its client base. We continue to grow and strengthen our commitment to the US market through our Corporate & Institutional Banking activities. We are one of a few non-US banks to offer a full value chain for our clients, from trading to financing, and clearing and custody in the US with the international footprint and capacity to deliver both globally and locally. Leveraging the strength of our European roots, our network can support clients in virtually every region of the world, enabling more connectivity and efficiency wherever our clients conduct business. We take pride in our expertise and our ability to adapt while constantly looking ahead to create a more sustainable world.
As an international company with a global footprint, the unique cultures and viewpoints of our team members are an integral part of the fabric of BNP Paribas. We are a company with a purpose – to be a responsible and sustainable global leader. We aim to create an environment where our employees feel empowered to drive change, make an impact and be true to themselves. We employ talented individuals from a wide variety of backgrounds, locally and globally, and are inspired by our employees who help us in cultivating a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace through initiatives such as our Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DEI) Leadership Forum and Employee Resource Group (ERG) communities. We strive to be a workplace where all team members can grow and thrive and offer robust training, development, and mentoring opportunities to make that vision a reality. Our leaders are deeply committed to DEI and highly accessible to our employees, consistently soliciting feedback on how we can continue to support our employees to reach their highest potential.
BNP Paribas. The Bank for a Changing World – https://usa.bnpparibas/en/homepage/join-us/our-opportunities/
The annualized base salary for this position in New York, NY is $100,000.
EQUAL CHANCES & OPPORTUNITIES FOR ALL:
BNP Paribas is committed to providing a work environment that fosters diversity, inclusion, and equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, gender, age, creed, sex, religion, national origin, disability (physical or mental), marital status, citizenship, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, or any other legally protected status.