- Employment contract
- United States-California-San Francisco
- Job / Mission
- Risk Management
At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
Job Description Summary
Responsible for providing strategic support to senior management within the Corporate and Commercial Banking Group. This position will prepare research and analysis for use in the development of business strategies and tactics.
Essential Job Functions
- Leverage your business and data skills to understand and solve business challenges.
- Identify opportunities to optimize impact across segments and products.
- Perform modeling to understand and predict key performance metrics.
- Own significant deliverables that support strategic initiatives.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Requires advanced knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience.
- Requires 5 years minimum prior relevant experience.
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Accounting, Mathematics, Economics, or related field.
- Basic knowledge of SQL required.
- Experience with Python (especially pandas) preferred.
- The ability to work independently, identify inefficiencies, design and implement process improvements.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer – Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.