Director – IT Infrastructure Virtualization Platform Manager (Americas)
- Standard / Permanent
- US-NJ-Jersey City
The CIB IT Production Virtualization infrastructure is a large-scale platform targeted to be a one-stop shop for the production and consumption of community driven digital services within the Americas. This includes the support and project deliveries of the virtualization platform itself as well as on-boarding new digital offerings into the platform.
The role will focus in the following areas:
• Develop and drive a high performing Virtualization Team
• Architect, design, and deliver improvements in the VMware environment to optimize stability, scalability, and service to the consumers
• Automate manual BAU and CHANGE processes to streamline efficiency and install consistency
• Configures and/or coordinates monitoring thresholds, alarms and alerts
• Partner with global IT counterparts to secure/deploy standards and to collaborate on solutions
The IT Infrastructure Virtualization Platform Manager will be the head of a multi-disciplined team within the IT Infrastructure Platforms Team, providing expert level support for the entire virtualization environment across the US, Central and South America regions.
The candidate must be a motivated self-starter, with excellent organizational skills. Candidate should also have a strong functional and technical background. The candidate should be ambitious enough to proactively seek solutions and go the extra mile as well as to always take initiative. Candidate must possess strong verbal and written communication skills.
Candidate Success Factors:
Candidates are measured on the following four performance drivers, which will dictate how individual impact is considered on the Americas platform:
- Results and Impact
- Able to influence peers and team.
- Demonstrates good judgement when making decisions of high complexity and impact.
- Exercise appropriate autonomy in the execution and delivery of work.
- Responsible for driving outcomes, which have meaningful effect on team or department.
- Leadership and Collaboration:
- Creates trust with colleagues.
- Acts in leadership capacity for projects, processes, or programs.
- Client, Customer and Stakeholder Focus:
- Able to build relationships with a mix of colleagues and clients.
- Interacts regularly with management and department leaders.
- Demonstrates the ability to influence stakeholders at the team level.
- Compliance Culture and Conduct:
- Takes full responsibility for personal actions and demonstrates courage in facing problems and conflicts.
- Perceived as a person of high moral character; upholds corporate values and displays high ethical standards.
• Manage, coordinate and facilitate re-engineering and process improvement initiatives related to the enhancement of the virtualization server platform
• Oversee projects and supervise operations within the Infrastructure Virtualization team
• Interface with vendors and global teams to ensure the environment conforms to the current standards.
• Manage Business Continuance in relation to Disaster Recovery.
• Maintain high system reliability, availability and resiliency levels
• Provide required level of support for the production environments
• Proactive system performance monitoring and capacity management using existing tool sets
• Perform system upgrades and mandatory security/OS patchings
• Liaise with application support teams to gather requirements, design, and deploy, and standardize systems
• Provide 24*7 On-call support based on rotations within the team
• Perform thorough morning checks on all critical applications using existing tools or scripts
• Strictly abide and follow the company policy and procedures pertaining to change and incident management
• Responsible for ensuring that all systems are deployed consistent with group standards and best practices
• Incident and Problem management: take ownership and work with team to resolve production related issues
• Follow groups standard security practices within the environment
• Maintain service offering for internal business lines and IT operations
• Reports to Head of Americas Platforms
Minimum Required Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field
• Architecture experience in large VM environments with Hyperconverged Infrastructure and NSX Distributed Firewalls
• 10+ years managing VMware Engineering and Support teams
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent project management skills focused on outcome-based results
• Expert knowledge of VMware Enterprise components and technologies such as vSphere, SRM, vSAN
• Hands-on experience with VMware automated tools such as PowerCLI, vCO
• Expert knowledge of the enterprise storage subsystems (EMC/SAN, iSCSI/PureStorage)
• Strong working knowledge of networking technology (i.e., function of TCP/IP) subnetting and routing.
• Strong knowledge of Active Directory
• Good working knowledge of industry and hyper-converged hardware (e.g., HP/IBM/Dell/Nutanix)
• Knowledge of relational databases such as Sybase, Oracle, and SQL along with MQ Series.
• Service oriented, positive, committed and enthusiastic team player.
• One or more of the following certifications (VCP-DCV, VCAP, etc.)
• ITIL Certification
FINRA Registrations Required:
- Not Applicable
CFTC Swap Dealer Associated Person (if yes, NFA Swaps Proficiency Program is required):
- Not Applicable
SEC Security-Based Swap Dealer Associated Person:
- Not Applicable
The expected starting salary range for this position in New Jersey is between $187k to $252k annually. The actual salary may vary based upon several factors including, but not limited to, relevant skills/experience, time in role, base salary of internal peers, prior performance, business line, and geographic/office location.
About BNP Paribas:
BNP Paribas is a leading bank in Europe with an international reach across the US, EMEA and APAC. It has a presence in 65 countries, with nearly 190,000 employees. In the United States, BNP Paribas has built a strong and diversified presence to support its client base. We continue to grow and strengthen our commitment to the US market through our Corporate & Institutional Banking activities. We are one of a few non-US banks to offer a full value chain for our clients, from trading to financing, and clearing and custody in the US with the international footprint and capacity to deliver both globally and locally. Leveraging the strength of our European roots, our network can support clients in virtually every region of the world, enabling more connectivity and efficiency wherever our clients conduct business. We take pride in our expertise and our ability to adapt while constantly looking ahead to create a more sustainable world.
The bank employs nearly 6,000 people and has a presence in the country since the late 1800s in major cities including New York, Jersey City, Chesterbrook, PA, San Francisco, Boston, Chicago, Denver and Washington, DC.
As an international company with a global footprint, the unique cultures and viewpoints of our team members are an integral part of the fabric of BNP Paribas. We are a company with a purpose – to be a responsible and sustainable global leader. We aim to create an environment where our employees feel empowered to drive change, make an impact and be true to themselves. We employ talented individuals from a wide variety of backgrounds, locally and globally, and are inspired by our employees who help us in cultivating a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace through initiatives such as our Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DEI) Leadership Forum and Employee Resource Group (ERG) communities. We strive to be a workplace where all team members can grow, thrive, and offer robust training, development and mentoring opportunities to make that vision a reality. Our leaders are deeply committed to DEI and highly accessible to our employees, consistently soliciting feedback on how we can continue to support our employees to reach their highest potential.
BNP Paribas. The Bank for a Changing World – https://usa.bnpparibas/en/homepage/join-us/our-opportunities/
BNP Paribas is committed to providing a work environment that fosters diversity, inclusion, and equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, gender, age, creed, sex, religion, national origin, disability (physical or mental), marital status, citizenship, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, or any other legally protected status.