U.S. Sales Associate
- Standard / Permanent
- US-NY-New York
- CUSTOMER RELATIONSHIP MANAGEMENT
BNP Paribas Asset Management (‘BNPP AM) is the investment arm of BNP Paribas, a leading banking group in Europe with international reach. At BNPP AM, we aim to generate long-term sustainable investment returns for our clients, based on a unique sustainability-driven philosophy. This philosophy has shaped our firm and directs all we do: our strategy, our culture, our structure, our products and our processes; the way we engage with our clients and our role in influencing the companies and the markets we invest in.
Role Description and purpose
We have an excellent career opportunity for a U.S. Sales Associate in our New York office. This individual will provide a broad range of business development and relationship management support which will enable Client Relationship Managers (“CRMs”) to focus more on client-facing activities such as pitches and review meetings by, for example gathering client and prospect information, and producing analytics and other documentation. From time to time be the backup for the team assistant.
- Support CRM and Event / Project Activities:
- Assisting CRMs in Client and Business Development related activities such as:
- Preparation for and follow-up with client / prospect meetings
- Helping to maintain data quality and extracting data from the CRM tool and research databases
- Prepare and maintain account plans for key client accounts and prospects
- Assisting CRMs in business development projects including, for example, research and analysis of relevant market developments, segments, competitors, and our own product offering
- Assisting CRMs in meetings and event planning
- Assisting CRMs with RFPs and other client and prospect questionnaires
- Active participation in RFPs and DDQ’s
- Ensure on-time delivery of high-quality RFPs and DDQ’s
Coordinate roadshow planning
2. General Client & Sales Activity
- Client correspondence
- Ensure standard periodical reports (such as monthly reports) and notifications are sent to client in a timely manner
- Liaison with Transfer agent and Security Services regarding any client related issues
- Updating client records
- Composing/editing draft correspondence
- Provide general ad hoc support to the US Sales Team
- Track ongoing activities and scheduling
- Assist with collateral delivery and meeting follow-up
- General support with in-office client visits and travel/roadshow meeting preparations
Key Internal / External Relationships: CRMs, US Sales & RFP Teams
Essential Skills / Competencies (Technical / Behavioural / Leadership)
- Analytical skills: Identifies all aspects of a subject and examines them in a critical way to construct a broad point of view. Individual is driven by the desire to know more about things, people, or events.
- Organizational skills: Sets priorities, plans actions, and methodically monitors progress by coordinating activities and resources in the best way possible.
- Accuracy: Constantly attentive to the precision of the information sent and to the quality of the work; ensures that errors are minimized.
- Teamwork: Strong interpersonal skills. Works effectively within and across teams, acts bearing common interests and respect for fellow team members in mind.
- Taking initiative & problem solving: Works proactively and independently, implementing enhancements to work processes, new ideas and solutions. Looks to find solutions, including in situations where information is incomplete.
- Resilient: Reacts calmly and confidently in difficult situations and strives to provide the best possible service to relevant stakeholders.
- Results-Driven: Seeks to achieve the objectives set within the defined timeframe, by acting with tenacity. Continuously seeks optimum performance.
- Communication skills: Communicates, both orally and in writing, in an effective, organized way, delivered at a level appropriate for the audience.
- Be a role model, supporting and fostering a culture of good conduct
- Demonstrate proactivity, transparency, and accountability for identifying and managing conduct risks
- Consider the implications of your actions on colleagues, partners, and clients before making decisions and escalate issues to your manager when unsure
Essential Qualifications & Experience
- 1-3 years of relevant work experience, prior experience in a sales environment preferred
- Bachelor’s degree, ideally in Economics, Finance, Marketing or Business Administration
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, and Word)
- Working knowledge and experience using front-office tools such as Salesforce is a plus
- Intellectually curious with a passion for financial markets and investments
- Fluency in English (verbal and written)
What’s In It For You
Your engagement to unlock your potential and deliver high performance will be the driving force that will enable you to benefit from all that BNPP AM has to offer. Culturally, we are more human than corporate so whilst high performance and strong expertise is a given, we value trust, empathy, and empowerment.
In return, we can offer you things that money cannot buy:
- Dynamic career opportunities across the globe
- Volunteering initiatives to support our local communities and connect with our colleagues
- The opportunity to contribute to our award-winning Sustainability efforts and join our community of Future Makers
- Access to a robust wellbeing program including mental health support and resources
- An award-winning online learning and development platform
- Hybrid working
- A diverse and inclusive working environment where you can be your authentic self
Physical presence in BNPP AM’s office(s) is an essential function of this position. This role has the flexibility of being hybrid, consisting of an in office and remote working component.
The expected starting salary range for this position in New York City is between $85,000 to $105,000 annually. Actual salary may vary based upon several factors including, but not limited to, relevant skills/experience, time in role, base salary of internal peers, prior performance, business line, and geographic/office location.
BNP Paribas is committed to providing a work environment that fosters diversity, inclusion, and equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, gender, age, creed, sex, religion, national origin, disability (physical or mental), marital status, citizenship, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, or any other legally protected status.
Contact person (HR) Jennifer McCaffrey: email@example.com