Senior Analyst/Associate, Asset Finance & Securitization Business Manager
- Standard / Permanent
- US-NY-New York
Business management / COO office in Global Banking Americas is a team, whose mission is to support GBA decision-makers in achieving their strategic goals via meaningful content and excellent execution.
The role’s perimeter is Asset Finance and Securitization Americas. Under the supervision of the AFS Business manager, the associate will be supporting Co-Heads of Asset Finance and Securitization Americas and their ExCo in the management and development of their activities with a strong focus on anticipation and ability to provide action-oriented recommendations. On a day-to day basis, the Associate will deliver or contribute to the delivery of business data, analyses/dashboards and initiatives benefiting the business. He/She will focus on supporting the industrialization of data and process in his/her respective scope but also benefiting GBA in general.
Candidate Success Factors:
Candidates are measured on the following four performance drivers, which will dictate how individual impact is considered on the Americas platform:
- Results and Impact
- Able to influence peers and team.
- Demonstrates good judgement when making decisions of high complexity and impact.
- Exercise appropriate autonomy in the execution and delivery of work.
- Responsible for driving outcomes, which have meaningful effect on team or department.
- Leadership and Collaboration:
- Creates trust with colleagues.
- Acts in leadership capacity for projects, processes, or programs.
- Client, Customer and Stakeholder Focus:
- Able to build relationships with a mix of colleagues and clients.
- Interacts regularly with management and department leaders.
- Demonstrates the ability to influence stakeholders at the team level.
- Compliance Culture and Conduct:
- Takes full responsibility for personal actions and demonstrates courage in facing problems and conflicts.
- Perceived as a person of high moral character; upholds corporate values and displays high ethical standards.
The COO Organization/Business Management team contributes directly to the business development and its sound operation. They also facilitate and optimize the interaction between the Front Office and its Business Partners. The Asset Finance & Securitization (AFS) Business Manager will be part of this COO Organization. He/she will report directly to the Head of AFS Business Management/COO in Americas, and be part of the Global Banking Business Management team.
The role is to cover all COO-related aspects required to support directly the Co-Heads of Asset Finance & Securitization, as well as the Head of Global Head of AFS.
1. Support the Co-Heads of GM Asset Finance and Securitization in their strategies and internal governance:
· Develop a thorough understanding of market trends and competitive landscape. Prepare ad-hoc or recurring competitive benchmarking dashboards and client profiles. Build supporting analysis for strategic orientations based on internal and external data
· Contribute to the development and execution of business development projects partnering with senior team member and internal clients
· Build and maintain trust-based relationships with internal clients
2. Ensure AFS and GCMA Management has the required performance and management indicators:
· Develop a good understanding of performance metrics and prepare ad-hoc or recurring management dashboards and activity reports (e.g pipelines, Revenue, Head Count and balance sheet). Strong focus on providing takeaways-oriented analyses vs. only data
· Continue to leverage tools to simplify and industrialize the production of reports
· Innovate new reporting metrics and analysis to help platform and unit heads better understand the activities and trends within their business
3. Support Heads of AFS on day-to-day business issues and crisis management
· Assist in troubleshooting major/crisis situations and leverage on the organization to solve issues.
· Support AFS management on business issues including operations, IT, Finance, Tax, Regulatory framework, Legal or compliance, etc.
4. Financial Planning
· Help coordinate the budgeting and forecasting process for Investment Grade Finance
· Understand and cross-check data to ensure consistency with overall business strategy and market trends
5. Data accuracy controls
· Investigate and control data with a risk-based and materiality approach
· Automate as much as possible recurring data issues
- Undergraduate degree required
- Banking industry experience and/or knowledge of Corporate Bank product
- Good written and oral communication skills with a strong attention to detail. Ability to work with senior leaders
- Displays strong self-organization and multi-tasking capacity
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Very hands-on attitude and approach
- Strong sense of personal accountability, drive for results and delivers high-quality work
- Teamwork mindset, strong work ethic
- Good MS Excel and PowerPoint skills. Knowledge of Alteryx, Tableau, Power BI, SQL, Python, Bloomberg, Dealogic is a plus
- Previous experience with or knowledge of global banking business areas
CFTC Swap Dealer Associated Person (if yes, NFA Swaps Proficiency Program is required):
SEC Security-Based Swap Dealer Associated Person:
The expected starting salary range for this position in New York at the Analyst level is between $100,000 and $105,000 annually. At the Associate level it is between $115,000 and $125,000 annually. The actual salary may vary based upon several factors including, but not limited to, relevant skills/experience, time in role, base salary of internal peers, prior performance, business line, and geographic/office location.
In addition, our comprehensive benefits package aims to support our employees in various aspects of their lives. From healthcare and wellness programs to retirement plans and childcare services, we prioritize the well-being and growth of our employees. Our benefits include medical, dental and vision coverage, a 401(k) Savings Plan, backup childcare, life, accident and disability insurance, mental health support and paid time off. Additional details about our benefits offerings, inclusive of eligibility for a discretionary bonus, will be provided during the hiring process.
This application will remain open until a candidate has been selected for the role. There is no specific application timeline.
About BNP Paribas:
BNP Paribas is a leading bank in Europe with an international reach across the US, EMEA and APAC. It has a presence in 65 countries, with nearly 190,000 employees. The bank employs over 3,500 people in offices in the US across 10 states including New York, Jersey City, Chesterbrook, PA, San Francisco, Boston, Chicago, Denver, Miami, and Washington, DC. BNP Paribas has built a strong and diversified presence to support its client base. We continue to grow and strengthen our commitment to the US market through our Corporate & Institutional Banking activities. We are one of a few non-US banks to offer a full value chain for our clients, from trading to financing, and clearing and custody in the US with the international footprint and capacity to deliver both globally and locally. Leveraging the strength of our European roots, our network can support clients in virtually every region of the world, enabling more connectivity and efficiency wherever our clients conduct business. We take pride in our expertise and our ability to adapt while constantly looking ahead to create a more sustainable world.
As an international company with a global footprint, the unique cultures and viewpoints of our team members are an integral part of the fabric of BNP Paribas. We are a company with a purpose – to be a responsible and sustainable global leader. We aim to create an environment where our employees feel empowered to drive change, make an impact and be true to themselves. We employ talented individuals from a wide variety of backgrounds, locally and globally, and are inspired by our employees who help us in cultivating a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace through initiatives such as our Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DEI) Leadership Forum and Employee Resource Group (ERG) communities. We strive to be a workplace where all team members can grow and thrive and offer robust training, development, and mentoring opportunities to make that vision a reality. Our leaders are deeply committed to DEI and highly accessible to our employees, consistently soliciting feedback on how we can continue to support our employees to reach their highest potential.
BNP Paribas. The Bank for a Changing World – https://usa.bnpparibas/en/homepage/join-us/our-opportunities/
BNP Paribas is committed to providing a work environment that fosters diversity, inclusion, and equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, gender, age, creed, sex, religion, national origin, disability (physical or mental), marital status, citizenship, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, or any other legally protected status.