Vice President – Equity Strategist
- Standard / Permanent
- US-New York
The objective of the Equity & Derivative Strategy team is to provide analysis and insight into the opportunities, and dislocations in equity and derivative markets. The team interacts with sales people, and clients through publications, client visits, meetings, conference calls, conferences and the media. The primary publications include daily, weekly and quarterly pieces as well as more in depth thought pieces.
Candidate Success Factors:
Candidates are measured on the following four performance drivers, which will dictate how individual impact is considered on the Americas platform:
- Results and Impact
- Able to influence peers and team.
- Demonstrates good judgement when making decisions of high complexity and impact.
- Exercise appropriate autonomy in the execution and delivery of work.
- Responsible for driving outcomes, which have meaningful effect on team or department.
- Leadership and Collaboration:
- Creates trust with colleagues.
- Acts in leadership capacity for projects, processes, or programs.
- Client, Customer and Stakeholder Focus:
- Able to build relationships with a mix of colleagues and clients.
- Interacts regularly with management and department leaders.
- Demonstrates the ability to influence stakeholders at the team level.
- Compliance Culture and Conduct:
- Takes full responsibility for personal actions and demonstrates courage in facing problems and conflicts.
- Perceived as a person of high moral character; upholds corporate values and displays high ethical standards.
· The Strategists in the EDS Market 360 team analyze macroeconomic data, bottom up equity trends, derivative markets, pricing dislocations, flows and thematic trends. The team maintains a large breadth of models that are often very quantitative in nature.
· Strategists need to work together to develop analysis, that spans volatility forecasting, modeling of market dislocations and creation of frameworks to understand the impact of positioning and flows on market dynamic. The team is required to interact with structuring and trading to leverage the derivative DNA of the BNP Paribas franchise. The EDS team then look to overlay this quantitate framework with macro insights, helped by leveraging the other Strategy and Economics teams within the Markets360 platform.
· BNPP is looking for a VP level Strategist to perform a multitude of tasks, including but not limited to: Developing and maintaining models related to volatility, positioning, and quantitative datasets.
· The ideal candidate will have experience in equity derivatives, preferably from a strategy, structuring or trading background. Knowledge of exotic options and understanding of how to model and map options positioning and Greeks would be beneficial
· The candidate also needs to be able to communicate and present complex findings clearly and concisely to a broad audience including sophisticated hedge funds, asset managers and other institutional investors
· Develop and maintain reliable models. Many of these models will be complex in nature and require a strong understanding of both statistics and options pricing.
· Assist in and contribute to the production of papers/presentations.
· Model and forecast key variables for the equity and derivative space.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
· Degree with either Financial, economic, math and or Computational subjects
· Strong quantitative background in statistics, data and programming
· Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills in English
· Excellent proficiency of Excel, and Python
· Must have an extremely strong attention to detail, ability to multi‐task.
· Must work well in a collaborative, team‐centered environment
FINRA Registrations Required:
Series 7 & 63
CFTC Swap Dealer Associated Person (if yes, NFA Swaps Proficiency Program is required):
SEC Security-Based Swap Dealer Associated Person:
The expected starting salary range for this position in New York is between $140,000.00 to $238,000.annually. The actual salary may vary based upon several factors including, but not limited to, relevant skills/experience, time in role, base salary of internal peers, prior performance, business line, and geographic/office location.
About BNP Paribas:
BNP Paribas is a leading bank in Europe with an international reach across the US, EMEA and APAC. It has a presence in 65 countries, with nearly 190,000 employees. In the United States, BNP Paribas has built a strong and diversified presence to support its client base. We continue to grow and strengthen our commitment to the US market through our Corporate & Institutional Banking activities. We are one of a few non-US banks to offer a full value chain for our clients, from trading to financing, and clearing and custody in the US with the international footprint and capacity to deliver both globally and locally. Leveraging the strength of our European roots, our network can support clients in virtually every region of the world, enabling more connectivity and efficiency wherever our clients conduct business. We take pride in our expertise and our ability to adapt while constantly looking ahead to create a more sustainable world.
The bank employs nearly 6,000 people and has a presence in the country since the late 1800s in major cities including New York, Jersey City, Chesterbrook, PA, San Francisco, Boston, Chicago, Denver and Washington, DC.
As an international company with a global footprint, the unique cultures and viewpoints of our team members are an integral part of the fabric of BNP Paribas. We are a company with a purpose – to be a responsible and sustainable global leader. We aim to create an environment where our employees feel empowered to drive change, make an impact and be true to themselves. We employ talented individuals from a wide variety of backgrounds, locally and globally, and are inspired by our employees who help us in cultivating a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace through initiatives such as our Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DEI) Leadership Forum and Employee Resource Group (ERG) communities. We strive to be a workplace where all team members can grow and thrive and offer robust training, development and mentoring opportunities to make that vision a reality. Our leaders are deeply committed to DEI and highly accessible to our employees, consistently soliciting feedback on how we can continue to support our employees to reach their highest potential.
BNP Paribas. The Bank for a Changing World – https://usa.bnpparibas/en/homepage/join-us/our-opportunities/
BNP Paribas is committed to providing a work environment that fosters diversity, inclusion, and equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, gender, age, creed, sex, religion, national origin, disability (physical or mental), marital status, citizenship, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, or any other legally protected status