Vice-President – Global Markets – Professional Relationship Manager
- Standard / Permanent
BNP Paribas’ Global Markets business offers a broad range of products and services in the global interest rates, credit, currency, equities & commodity markets. Global Markets help their franchise of clients find effective ways to raise and invest capital as well as manage their exposure to risk. Their client base comprises of hundreds of corporations, institutional investors, banks, governments and supranational organizations.
Global Markets has the scale and reach to conduct business anywhere in the world and deliver products denominated in almost all of the world’s currencies. Their global network comprises more than 3,000 professionals working on our six main trading floors in London, Hong Kong, New York, Paris, Singapore and Tokyo. They are supported by regional offices throughout Europe, the Americas, Middle East and Asia-Pacific.
Professional Relationship Management (PRM) is a newly created role/team within Global Markets to cover certain clients as RM. Dedicated and specialized on these clients, PRM will primarily focus on protecting the Bank by securing the Know-Your-Client (KYC) process, monitoring commercial activities and risk management, ensuring suitability, appropriateness and other Front Office regulatory obligations.
Candidate Success Factors:
Candidates are measured on the following four performance drivers, which will dictate how individual impact is considered on the Americas platform:
- Results and Impact
- Able to influence peers and team.
- Demonstrates good judgement when making decisions of high complexity and impact.
- Exercise appropriate autonomy in the execution and delivery of work.
- Responsible for driving outcomes, which have meaningful effect on team or department.
- Leadership and Collaboration:
- Creates trust with colleagues.
- Acts in leadership capacity for projects, processes, or programs.
- Client, Customer and Stakeholder Focus:
- Able to build relationships with a mix of colleagues and clients.
- Interacts regularly with management and department leaders.
- Demonstrates the ability to influence stakeholders at the team level.
- Compliance Culture and Conduct:
- Takes full responsibility for personal actions and demonstrates courage in facing problems and conflicts.
- Perceived as a person of high moral character; upholds corporate values and displays high ethical standards.
- Ensure a deep & comprehensive client understanding incl. commercial activities with the Bank
- Maintain overall oversight of the client, such as strategy, financials, personnel changes, etc
- Keep up-to-date with commercial activities between the client and the Bank
- Proactively share this information with Sales & relevant internal stakeholders for firm-to-firm connectivity as well as to facilitate business decisions such as: offboarding, RM reallocation, transaction profile, etc.
- Ensure CRM is up-to-date and is being contributed by him/herself and/or by relevant Sales
- Ensure KYC responsibilities as RM
- Bear the primary responsibility for ensuring adequate client AML/CTF due diligence on said client portfolio
- Exercise constant vigilance and ensure FS risks such as adverse news, PEPs, sanction screening are properly assessed & mitigated (participate to CAC & B&C from Compliance)
- Coordinate with stakeholders & clients to ensure zero KYC recertification overdue
- Ensure Client Risk Management & Front Office Regulatory & Conduct Duties
- Proactively identify, understand, highlight and mitigate all risks appropriately as per Group and CIB policies and standards
- Be accountable for client portfolio risk management (Counterparty and Credit Risk, FS, ABC, PIC, ESG reputational risk, etc.)
- Contribute to and secure FO regulatory & conduct activities, including but not limited to: TRUST process, suitability & appropriateness framework etc.
- Ensure effective client experience
- Actively contribute to an effective client experience (timely and high quality)
- Ensure the appropriate and proportionate framework is in place to provide a high quality and optimum level of client service
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- 5+ years of experience in relationship management, sales, research and/or client-facing role
- 2+ years of experience in KYC/AML/CTF and/or ability to demonstrate strong knowledge on these topics
- Demonstrate good technical understanding of Global Markets activities and products
- Demonstrate good knowledge of the financial industry and on US financial institutions incl. brokers
- Strong quantitative and data analysis skills
- Proven ability to analyze & assess large data/information to make sound judgement/recommendation
- Proven ability as team player but to also work independently to deliver on goals/objectives
- Impeccable conduct and respect for a strong compliance culture and regulatory framework
- True intellectual curiosity and a passion for markets, clients and business
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Fluent English speaker
FINRA Registrations Required:
- Series 7 & 63
CFTC Swap Dealer Associated Person (if yes, NFA Swaps Proficiency Program is required):
SEC Security-Based Swap Dealer Associated Person:
The expected starting salary range for this position in CBK is between $105,000 and $140,000 annually. The actual salary may vary based upon several factors including, but not limited to, relevant skills/experience, time in role, base salary of internal peers, prior performance, business line, and geographic/office location.
About BNP Paribas:
BNP Paribas is a leading bank in Europe with an international reach across the US, EMEA and APAC. It has a presence in 65 countries, with nearly 190,000 employees. In the United States, BNP Paribas has built a strong and diversified presence to support its client base. We continue to grow and strengthen our commitment to the US market through our Corporate & Institutional Banking activities. We are one of a few non-US banks to offer a full value chain for our clients, from trading to financing, and clearing and custody in the US with the international footprint and capacity to deliver both globally and locally. Leveraging the strength of our European roots, our network can support clients in virtually every region of the world, enabling more connectivity and efficiency wherever our clients conduct business. We take pride in our expertise and our ability to adapt while constantly looking ahead to create a more sustainable world.
The bank employs nearly 6,000 people and has a presence in the country since the late 1800s in major cities including New York, Jersey City, Chesterbrook, PA, San Francisco, Boston, Chicago, Denver and Washington, DC.
As an international company with a global footprint, the unique cultures and viewpoints of our team members are an integral part of the fabric of BNP Paribas. We are a company with a purpose – to be a responsible and sustainable global leader. We aim to create an environment where our employees feel empowered to drive change, make an impact and be true to themselves. We employ talented individuals from a wide variety of backgrounds, locally and globally, and are inspired by our employees who help us in cultivating a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace through initiatives such as our Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DEI) Leadership Forum and Employee Resource Group (ERG) communities. We strive to be a workplace where all team members can grow and thrive and offer robust training, development and mentoring opportunities to make that vision a reality. Our leaders are deeply committed to DEI and highly accessible to our employees, consistently soliciting feedback on how we can continue to support our employees to reach their highest potential.
BNP Paribas. The Bank for a Changing World – https://usa.bnpparibas/en/homepage/join-us/our-opportunities/
BNP Paribas is committed to providing a work environment that fosters diversity, inclusion, and equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, gender, age, creed, sex, religion, national origin, disability (physical or mental), marital status, citizenship, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, or any other legally protected status.