Vice President – Relationship Management – Derivatives Clearing and FX Prime Brokerage
- Standard / Permanent
- US-NY-New York
Global Markets is BNP Paribas’ capital markets business within the Corporate & Institutional Bank (CIB), delivering solutions across asset classes, and industry-leading services for clients including Institutional, corporates, private banks and retail distribution networks. It encompasses 4 global business lines; Global Macro, Global Equities, Global Credit, and Technology Platforms. Global Markets is made up of over 3,700 staff globally based in EMEA, the Americas and Asia Pacific, with the main trading floors located in London, Hong Kong, New York, Paris, Singapore and Tokyo.
As part of BNPP Global Markets Americas, the Derivatives Execution and Clearing (DEC) business includes the execution of all listed futures products via voice, DMA, and algorithmic trading methods as well as the clearing of listed derivatives and OTC products. Additionally, the FX Prime Brokerage (FXBP) business in the US is a global business focusing on providing services to the top customers of BNP Global Markets Americas.
The Relationship Management Americas team is a group focused on providing best in class service and driving revenue growth with the top customers of both the DEC and FXPB businesses. A Relationship Manager is responsible for servicing Hedge Funds, Asset Managers, Insurance Companies and Regional Banks across their futures, OTC and FXPB activity at BNPP. The role includes working closely with the Sales Origination team to identify new growth opportunities with clients on the platform, partnering with Product Development and Risk teams to deliver solutions that meet client needs and overseeing operational processes to drive efficiency. A member of the Relationship Management team must have a deep understand of products and the clients they cover, be capable of issue spotting, problem solving and be committed to delivering a superior client experience.
Candidate Success Factors:
Candidates are measured on the following four performance drivers, which will dictate how individual impact is considered on the Americas platform:
- Results and Impact
- Able to influence peers and team.
- Demonstrates good judgement when making decisions of high complexity and impact.
- Exercise appropriate autonomy in the execution and delivery of work.
- Responsible for driving outcomes, which have meaningful effect on team or department.
- Leadership and Collaboration:
- Creates trust with colleagues.
- Acts in leadership capacity for projects, processes, or programs.
- Client, Customer and Stakeholder Focus:
- Able to build relationships with a mix of colleagues and clients.
- Interacts regularly with management and department leaders.
- Demonstrates the ability to influence stakeholders at the team level.
- Compliance Culture and Conduct:
- Takes full responsibility for personal actions and demonstrates courage in facing problems and conflicts.
- Perceived as a person of high moral character; upholds corporate values and displays high ethical standards.
- Provide best in class relationship management focused on our Institutional Clearing and FX Prime Brokerage businesses
- Develop and manage relationships with strategic customers via engagement with key decision makers while identifying opportunities for organic growth
- Build deep understanding of clients’ derivatives trading activity, business needs and develop knowledge of the competitive landscape
- Understand client requirements and identify opportunities for business development or future product enhancements
- Provide front office oversight and support during new business onboarding process to expedite revenue generation
- Positively contribute to BNPP corporate culture, including working closely with Legal, Product, IT and Operations teams.
- Work closely with operations team by providing assistance and guidance to ensure client needs are being met.
- Serve as senior escalation point for operational queries raised for covered clients
- Engage with business vendors, exchanges, and execution venues, understanding their platform enhancements to better service BNPP client base.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- 5+ years of relevant experience in a financial services organization
- Previous experience in client facing front office or middle office position
- Strong knowledge of listed futures, cleared OTC or foreign exchange products along with operational workflows and processes
- Demonstrates clear and concise written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent team player able to build relationships with a mix of colleagues and clients
- Existing customer relationships across various client segments and asset classes within the derivatives space
- Understanding of the risk and control environment impacting derivatives clearing and prime brokerage
- Ability to multi-task and constantly assess and adjust priorities in line with the demands of the business and client base
- Ability to communicate effectively with clients, understand and internally relay their requirements
- Maintain attention to detail and commitment to deliver an excellent service to a demanding client base
FINRA Registrations Required:
- 3, 7, & 63
CFTC Swap Dealer Associated Person (if yes, NFA Swaps Proficiency Program is required):
- Not Applicable
SEC Security-Based Swap Dealer Associated Person:
- Not Applicable
The expected starting salary range for this position is between $180,000 to $225,000 annually. The actual salary may vary based upon several factors including, but not limited to, relevant skills/experience, time in role, base salary of internal peers, prior performance, business line, and geographic/office location.
In addition, our comprehensive benefits package aims to support our employees in various aspects of their lives. From healthcare and wellness programs to retirement plans and childcare services, we prioritize the well-being and growth of our employees. Our benefits include medical, dental and vision coverage, a 401(k) Savings Plan, backup childcare, life, accident and disability insurance, mental health support and paid time off. Additional details about our benefits offerings, inclusive of eligibility for a discretionary bonus, will be provided during the hiring process.
This application will remain open until a candidate has been selected for the role. There is no specific application timeline.
About BNP Paribas:
BNP Paribas is a leading bank in Europe with an international reach across the US, EMEA and APAC. It has a presence in 65 countries, with nearly 190,000 employees. The bank employs over 3,500 people in offices in the US across 10 states including New York, Jersey City, Chesterbrook, PA, San Francisco, Boston, Chicago, Denver, Miami, and Washington, DC. BNP Paribas has built a strong and diversified presence to support its client base. We continue to grow and strengthen our commitment to the US market through our Corporate & Institutional Banking activities. We are one of a few non-US banks to offer a full value chain for our clients, from trading to financing, and clearing and custody in the US with the international footprint and capacity to deliver both globally and locally. Leveraging the strength of our European roots, our network can support clients in virtually every region of the world, enabling more connectivity and efficiency wherever our clients conduct business. We take pride in our expertise and our ability to adapt while constantly looking ahead to create a more sustainable world.
As an international company with a global footprint, the unique cultures and viewpoints of our team members are an integral part of the fabric of BNP Paribas. We are a company with a purpose – to be a responsible and sustainable global leader. We aim to create an environment where our employees feel empowered to drive change, make an impact and be true to themselves. We employ talented individuals from a wide variety of backgrounds, locally and globally, and are inspired by our employees who help us in cultivating a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace through initiatives such as our Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DEI) Leadership Forum and Employee Resource Group (ERG) communities. We strive to be a workplace where all team members can grow and thrive and offer robust training, development, and mentoring opportunities to make that vision a reality. Our leaders are deeply committed to DEI and highly accessible to our employees, consistently soliciting feedback on how we can continue to support our employees to reach their highest potential.
BNP Paribas. The Bank for a Changing World – https://usa.bnpparibas/en/homepage/join-us/our-opportunities/
BNP Paribas is committed to providing a work environment that fosters diversity, inclusion, and equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, gender, age, creed, sex, religion, national origin, disability (physical or mental), marital status, citizenship, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, or any other legally protected status.