VP, Credit Solutions
- Standard / Permanent
- US-NY-New York
Asset Finance & Securitization (AFS) is a global business within BNP Paribas CIB, straddling activities across both Global Banking & Global Markets. The AFS umbrella includes several businesses, including includes Collateralized Loan Obligation (CLO), Credit Solutions, Asset-backed Securities (ABS), Project & Infrastructure Finance, Transportation Finance, and Export Finance.
Credit Solutions is a strategic activity of BNPP that sits within the Asset Financing and Securitization Platform. Credit Solutions offers standardized and bespoke financing & capital solutions to credit investors, including the largest CLO managers and direct lenders globally. The collateral spans liquid to illiquid credit assets, focused mainly on leveraged loans (broadly syndicated and middle market/private credit) and other high-yielding instruments. Products include financing against portfolios of loans, such as (i) shorter-dated (1-3 years) warehouse financing intended to support CLO take-outs and (ii) longer-dated (3-5 years) senior portfolio financing that provides leverage to credit funds, supporting them through the lifecycle of their investment strategies. The adjacent CLO structuring team offers securitization (structuring and syndication) for leveraged and structured credit assets.
Candidate Success Factors:
Candidates are measured on the following four performance drivers, which will dictate how individual impact is considered on the Americas platform:
- Results and Impact
- Able to influence peers and team.
- Demonstrates good judgement when making decisions of high complexity and impact.
- Exercise appropriate autonomy in the execution and delivery of work.
- Responsible for driving outcomes, which have meaningful effect on team or department.
- Leadership and Collaboration:
- Creates trust with colleagues.
- Acts in leadership capacity for projects, processes, or programs.
- Client, Customer and Stakeholder Focus:
- Able to build relationships with a mix of colleagues and clients.
- Interacts regularly with management and department leaders.
- Demonstrates the ability to influence stakeholders at the team level.
- Compliance Culture and Conduct:
- Takes full responsibility for personal actions and demonstrates courage in facing problems and conflicts.
- Perceived as a person of high moral character; upholds corporate values and displays high ethical standards.
The Credit Solutions team is hiring a Vice President (VP) for its portfolio management vertical, supporting the fast-growing Senior Portfolio Financing (SPF) businesses, with a focus on asset monitoring and valuation.
The candidate will be primarily responsible for overseeing, monitoring, and valuing leveraged loans and high yield bonds with a specific focus on private credits and middle market loans.
With high visibility and responsibility, the candidate will play a key role in developing the platform internally, coordinating with key constituents (in particular, RISK & other control functions), upholding and demonstrating rigorous credit and operational controls. Additionally, the candidate will help streamline and refine the team’s systems & processes, securing the infrastructure to drive scalable growth.
In addition to building deep connectivity with the structuring teams (CLO, Senior Portfolio Financing & Derivative/Solutions), the candidate will build a broad internal network to facilitate the business, especially with the different Trading and Research desks.
The candidate will develop regular dialogue and relationships with our clients, including investment officers (credit analysts & portfolio managers), financing and capital markets professionals as well as operations personnel. As it relates to portfolio servicing and operations, the candidate would be the main point-of-contact for our clients in BNP’s front office.
– Protect bank balance sheet as “first line of defense”: manage systems, processes and personnel to uphold high standards of control on credit risk and operational governance
– Perform in-depth credit analysis of leveraged loans (both single-name and portfolios; both broadly syndicated and direct-lending/private credit) and other high-yield instruments (including high yield bonds, technology/venture debt, structured finance assets, project/infrastructure loans and aviation loans);
– Monitor performance of higher risk and/or larger positions, maintaining updated financial models and analysis of business risks, capital structure, terms, valuation, and liquidity.
– Review legal documentation, including credit agreements, indentures, intercreditor agreements, etc.
– Participate in calls with and meetings with investment managers, company management, and other buy and sell-side professionals;
– Prepare and submit quarterly and annual reviews on higher risk / watch-listed assets;
– Provide real-time opinions on trading decisions and valuation, and defend to Trading, Risk and senior PMs;
– Collaborate with other research analysts (macro, sector, performing credit, distressed) to refine the desk’s macro and asset-level views
– Maintain and develop risk management systems and produce reporting relating to exposure, risks, and limits;
– Manage, train and develop junior members of the team, including resources in the Portugal near-shoring center.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
– Undergraduate degree with quantitative training (e.g., Mathematics, Computer Science, natural sciences, engineering, economics, etc.);
– Interest in leveraged and structured credit. The Ideal candidate has a background in fundamental credit analysis, valuation and/or modelling.
– Fluency in English
– Excellent written and oral communication skills
– Fluency with Excel; VBA, database and other programming skills are a plus
– Ability to work under pressure and deliver within tight deadlines while maintaining high standards
– Ability to work flexibly in a collaborative, team-oriented environment
- Masters Degree or MBA in relevant field of study
FINRA Registrations Required:
- SIE, Series 79 and 63 licenses will need to be obtained within a reasonable amount of time
CFTC Swap Dealer Associated Person (if yes, NFA Swaps Proficiency Program is required):
- Not Applicable
SEC Security-Based Swap Dealer Associated Person:
- Not Applicable
The expected starting salary for this position is $225,000 annually. The actual salary may vary based upon several factors including, but not limited to, relevant skills/experience, time in role, base salary of internal peers, prior performance, business line, and geographic/office location.
In addition, our comprehensive benefits package aims to support our employees in various aspects of their lives. From healthcare and wellness programs to retirement plans and childcare services, we prioritize the well-being and growth of our employees. Our benefits include medical, dental and vision coverage, a 401(k) Savings Plan, backup childcare, life, accident and disability insurance, mental health support and paid time off. Additional details about our benefits offerings, inclusive of eligibility for a discretionary bonus, will be provided during the hiring process.
This application will remain open until a candidate has been selected for the role. There is no specific application timeline.
About BNP Paribas:
BNP Paribas is a leading bank in Europe with an international reach across the US, EMEA and APAC. It has a presence in 65 countries, with nearly 190,000 employees. The bank employs over 3,500 people in offices in the US across 10 states including New York, Jersey City, Chesterbrook, PA, San Francisco, Boston, Chicago, Denver, Miami, and Washington, DC. BNP Paribas has built a strong and diversified presence to support its client base. We continue to grow and strengthen our commitment to the US market through our Corporate & Institutional Banking activities. We are one of a few non-US banks to offer a full value chain for our clients, from trading to financing, and clearing and custody in the US with the international footprint and capacity to deliver both globally and locally. Leveraging the strength of our European roots, our network can support clients in virtually every region of the world, enabling more connectivity and efficiency wherever our clients conduct business. We take pride in our expertise and our ability to adapt while constantly looking ahead to create a more sustainable world.
As an international company with a global footprint, the unique cultures and viewpoints of our team members are an integral part of the fabric of BNP Paribas. We are a company with a purpose – to be a responsible and sustainable global leader. We aim to create an environment where our employees feel empowered to drive change, make an impact and be true to themselves. We employ talented individuals from a wide variety of backgrounds, locally and globally, and are inspired by our employees who help us in cultivating a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace through initiatives such as our Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DEI) Leadership Forum and Employee Resource Group (ERG) communities. We strive to be a workplace where all team members can grow and thrive and offer robust training, development, and mentoring opportunities to make that vision a reality. Our leaders are deeply committed to DEI and highly accessible to our employees, consistently soliciting feedback on how we can continue to support our employees to reach their highest potential.
BNP Paribas. The Bank for a Changing World – https://usa.bnpparibas/en/homepage/join-us/our-opportunities/
BNP Paribas is committed to providing a work environment that fosters diversity, inclusion, and equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, gender, age, creed, sex, religion, national origin, disability (physical or mental), marital status, citizenship, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, or any other legally protected status.