BNP Paribas Investment Partners is a global investment manager with a significant presence in the US. It offers a range of US and global fixed income, equities, and alternatives strategies concentrating on select asset classes where it supplies institutionally qualified investment strategies.
In the US, it focuses on institutional investors, including pension funds, endowments, foundations, family offices, subadvisory and defined contribution investment only, providing them:
- access to investment professionals who are available for clients
- attention to ensure risk management is embedded throughout the investment process
- accountability at every step to consistently meet the target risk-adjusted returns
- financial stability to provide deep resources
BNP Paribas Investment Partners’ global organization manages and advises $663 billion in assets1 while in the US, it manages $66 billion in assets and offers a range of asset management and advisory strategies to institutional clients primarily through two US asset managers:
- BNP Paribas Asset Management Inc. (BNPP AM) offers a broad range of multi-expertise investments across the majority of mainstream asset classes2.
- Fischer Francis Trees & Watts (FFTW), a wholly owned subsidiary of BNP Paribas, is a global investment management firm providing active, fixed income strategies to institutional investors. It manages single and multi-currency mandates across global, US and emerging markets. Additionally, FFTW manages US$58 billion3 on behalf of clients around the world, including central banks, public institutions, corporations, insurance companies, endowments, foundations and non profit organizations, and sub-advisory relationships. FFTW has investment staff located in New York, London, and Singapore.
1. As of December 31, 2012
2. BNP Paribas Asset Management, Inc., a US registered investment advisor, has over $18.8 billion in assets under management as of December 31, 2012.
3. FFTW, Inc. manages $44.4 billion as of December 31, 2012 while FFTW, Inc., FFTW UK and FFTW Singapore Limited together manage $58.5 billion as of December 31, 2012. AUM (assets under management) data includes approximately US$13 billion in advisory assets and may as a result differ from AUM data disclosed on Form ADV. Further, AUM data is generally calculated based on current or recent market values. However, certain assets (including guaranteed investment contracts) are marked at book value. Such assets may represent a material portion of assets under management from time to time, so different asset pricing methodologies may result in different calculations of assets under management. As of December 31, 2012, the AUM data represents assets managed and/or advised by Fischer Francis Trees & Watts, Inc., Fischer Francis Trees & Watts UK Limited, and Fischer Francis Trees & Watts Singapore Limited. Fischer Francis Trees & Watts Singapore is a registered business name (Business Reg. No. 53207544K) of BNP Paribas Investment Partners Singapore Limited (Co. Reg. No. 199308471D).