Vice President – Media Relations Officer
- Standard / Permanent
- US-NJ-Jersey City
The Marketing and Communications group handles all marketing and communications for BNP Paribas in the Americas. The various functions of this group include corporate events, sponsorships, and external and internal communications.
*The team splits their time between both our New Jersey and New York offices.
Candidate Success Factors:
Candidates are measured on the following four performance drivers, which will dictate how individual impact is considered on the Americas platform:
- Results and Impact
- Able to influence peers and team.
- Demonstrates good judgement when making decisions of high complexity and impact.
- Exercise appropriate autonomy in the execution and delivery of work.
- Responsible for driving outcomes, which have meaningful effect on team or department.
- Leadership and Collaboration:
- Creates trust with colleagues.
- Acts in leadership capacity for projects, processes, or programs.
- Client, Customer and Stakeholder Focus:
- Able to build relationships with a mix of colleagues and clients.
- Interacts regularly with management and department leaders.
- Demonstrates the ability to influence stakeholders at the team level.
- Compliance Culture and Conduct:
- Takes full responsibility for personal actions and demonstrates courage in facing problems and conflicts.
- Perceived as a person of high moral character; upholds corporate values and displays high ethical standards.
· Promotes BNP Paribas via print, broadcast, radio and podcasts, and builds relationships with reporters in these areas
· Arranges and coordinates interviews for key spokespeople with TV and streaming news channels in North America and other locations as needed, a strength in the US
· Provides assistance / help to press relations or communications managers in Brazil, Hispanic Latam, and Canada as well as international offices
· Writes and distributes press releases and media communiques for Bank appointments, deals and other news
· Organizes meetings with business line executives and their counterparties at key financial media
· Tracks editorial calendars to ensure BNP Paribas’ inclusion in relevant articles for target publications
· Assists in managing awards process in the US
· Assists in media training for BNPP executives, business managers, research teams economists and analysts
· Complies with all internal and external rules and regulations as they pertain to BNPP
· Monitors and distributes on a daily basis all financial news regarding the firm and its subsidiaries
· Builds and maintains a media list of key contacts in their business lines
· Maintains contracts and renewals for Providers
· Covers for the Director and colleague when needed
· Helps to manage projects with colleague especially reports and databases
· Works on ad hoc projects as needed
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- 6 (+) years’ experience in media relations, preferably in the buy-side or sell-side
· Excellent network and relationships with the media
· Strong interpersonal skills, including ability to negotiate and influence others both internally and externally, as well as arrange meetings with Spokespeople and press
· Project management experience
· Attention to detail
· Demonstrates an ability to be innovative and a strategic thinker
· Able to:
o Anticipate the impact of various situations and transactions and proactively handle
o Work efficiently in a fast paced and challenging environment
· Network transversally across the organization as required and maintain high standards of professionalism in all dealings with team members and external clients
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Ability to work well independently and within a team
- Technical: Microsoft Word; Power Point; Excel; social media; news retrieval systems
- Bachelor’s degree
FINRA Registrations Required:
- Not Applicable
CFTC Swap Dealer Associated Person (if yes, NFA Swaps Proficiency Program is required):
- Not Applicable
SEC Security-Based Swap Dealer Associated Person:
- Not Applicable
The expected starting salary range for this position in New Jersey is between $150,000 and $190,000 annually. The actual salary may vary based upon several factors including, but not limited to, relevant skills/experience, time in role, base salary of internal peers, prior performance, business line, and geographic/office location.
About BNP Paribas:
BNP Paribas is the European Union’s leading bank and key player in international banking. It operates in 65 countries and has nearly 185,000 employees, including more than 145,000 in Europe. The Group has key positions in its three main fields of activity: Commercial, Personal Banking & Services for the Group’s commercial & personal banking and several specialised businesses including BNP Paribas Personal Finance and Arval; Investment & Protection Services for savings, investment and protection solutions; and Corporate & Institutional Banking, focused on corporate and institutional clients. Based on its strong diversified and integrated model, the Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporates and institutional clients) to realise their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance. In Europe, BNP Paribas has four domestic markets: Belgium, France, Italy and Luxembourg. The Group is rolling out its integrated commercial & personal banking model across several Mediterranean countries, Turkey, and Eastern Europe. As a key player in international banking, the Group has leading platforms and business lines in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas as well as a solid and fast-growing business in Asia-Pacific. BNP Paribas has implemented a Corporate Social Responsibility approach in all its activities, enabling it to contribute to the construction of a sustainable future, while ensuring the Group’s performance and stability.
BNP Paribas is committed to providing a work environment that fosters diversity, inclusion, and equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, gender, age, creed, sex, religion, national origin, disability (physical or mental), marital status, citizenship, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, or any other legally protected status.