2025 – Summer Analyst Internship – CIB Functions, Change & Solutions (Internal Consulting)
- Summer Internship
- US-BNP Paribas’ office in New York or New Jersey
The Strategy & Transformation (S&T) organization partners with BNP Paribas’ executive management and senior leadership to design and drive strategically important initiatives and projects, supporting the development and transformation of the Bank in the region. These initiatives cover the full change management value chain from strategy to implementation, including strategic planning, business development, operating model transformation, process reengineering, and advanced analytics.
Our organization is comprised of five sub-teams: 1) Consulting Americas, 2) Transformation Americas, 3) Regulatory Excellence, 4) Analytics Lab, and 5) the CEO Office. We deliver value across the region through an integrated approach with deep international connectivity and a strong focus on servicing internal clients. Our team is highly collaborative internally and with clients across the Bank. Engagements often span multiple business lines, functions, and/or regions within various BNP Paribas entities, enabling employees to build a strong network upon which to build their career. Our team has access to the rigorous training and development opportunities of top-tier consulting firms, combined with access to the resources of a premier global investment bank.
The Transversal Change (TRAC) team is a rotational leadership development program covering the five S&T sub-teams. TRAC provides a structured, curated project experience for more junior team members to learn the core consulting skill set. The Head of TRAC builds, oversees, and evolves the program while also delivering core consulting projects to maintain connectivity to BNPP’s Business Lines and Functions.
- Independently identify and analyze complex business problems and proactively develop innovative and sustainable solutions using consulting frameworks and other problem-solving tools
- Analyze market data, extract competitive insights and market intelligence, and identify strategic growth opportunities
- Perform financial analysis and evaluate cost optimization and revenue maximization strategies
- Prepare and proactively contribute to client deliverables, workshops, interviews, and presentations, evidencing effective written and verbal communication
- Develop and maintain strong client relationships
- Exercise discretion and independent judgment in creating individual deliverables by synthesizing key findings in a concise and structured manner
- Provide core Project Management support by understanding the overall project plan and timeframe, keeping to the defined schedule and using discretion to consider actionable next steps
- Accelerate the platform’s digitalization initiatives
- Support the bank’s knowledge management capabilities by documenting and sharing best practices, tools, and methodologies
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
Our internship programs are a springboard for college students to launch their careers through exciting and intellectually stimulating opportunities.
They are highly driven, intellectually stimulating, and crafted to build your real-world capabilities. To succeed amongst our teams, we look for those with a strong academic story, sharp analytical skills, and the ability to articulate ideas well, to clients and colleagues alike.
- Graduation year of Winter 2025 – Spring 2026
- All majors accepted
- Demonstrated interest in financial services and consulting
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analytical skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills (written and verbal)
- Strong attention to detail and ability to respect deadlines
- Ability to multi-task and work collaboratively within a team
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- A keen intellectual curiosity and sense of drive
Internship experience within financial services and/or consulting preferred but not required; the team is seeking candidates from a broad range of backgrounds and experiences who can demonstrate the critical thinking and learning agility necessary to succeed in the role.
WHAT DOES A SUMMER 2025 INTERNSHIP WITH BNP PARIBAS LOOK LIKE?
At BNP Paribas, our people are our greatest asset, and we are committed to helping you grow from day one. The internship program is our primary source for hiring early talent into the Bank, providing you with the network and resources you need to build a successful career.
Over 10 weeks, you will acquire in-depth insight into BNP Paribas and gain valuable and practical experience. Whichever area you are placed in, you will join a team of award-winning specialists in a dynamic, collaborative environment. Through the program, interns have a distinct opportunity to gain guidance from mentors and exposure to senior leaders within the Bank.
As an Intern, you will:
- Engage in an initial induction training that will set you up to succeed, and allow you to network with your intern class across all business divisions
- Complete technical projects and collaborate with colleagues across the Bank, gaining exposure to real work in order to identify your skills and explore where your interests align
- Participate in weekly senior speaker events and roundtable discussions to gain a comprehensive understanding of financial markets and the industry
- Network with colleagues and learn about industry topics through workshops and speaker series, as well as through philanthropy and social events
ABOUT BNP PARIBAS
BNP Paribas is a leading bank in Europe with an international reach across the US, EMEA and APAC. It has a presence in 65 countries, with nearly 190,000 employees. The bank employs over 3,500 people in offices in the US across 10 states including New York, Jersey City, Chesterbrook, PA, San Francisco, Boston, Chicago, Denver, Miami, and Washington, DC. BNP Paribas has built a strong and diversified presence to support its client base. We continue to grow and strengthen our commitment to the US market through our Corporate & Institutional Banking activities. We are one of a few non-US banks to offer a full value chain for our clients, from trading to financing, and clearing and custody in the US with the international footprint and capacity to deliver both globally and locally. Leveraging the strength of our European roots, our network can support clients in virtually every region of the world, enabling more connectivity and efficiency wherever our clients conduct business. We take pride in our expertise and our ability to adapt while constantly looking ahead to create a more sustainable world.
As an international company with a global footprint, the unique cultures and viewpoints of our team members are an integral part of the fabric of BNP Paribas. We are a company with a purpose – to be a responsible and sustainable global leader. We aim to create an environment where our employees feel empowered to drive change, make an impact and be true to themselves. We employ talented individuals from a wide variety of backgrounds, locally and globally, and are inspired by our employees who help us in cultivating a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace through initiatives such as our Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DEI) Leadership Forum and Employee Resource Group (ERG) communities. We strive to be a workplace where all team members can grow and thrive and offer robust training, development, and mentoring opportunities to make that vision a reality. Our leaders are deeply committed to DEI and highly accessible to our employees, consistently soliciting feedback on how we can continue to support our employees to reach their highest potential.
BNP Paribas. The Bank for a Changing World – https://usa.bnpparibas/en/homepage/join-us/our-opportunities/
The annualized base salary for this position in New York, NY or Jersey City, NJ is $95,000.
EQUAL CHANCES & OPPORTUNITIES FOR ALL:
BNP Paribas is committed to providing a work environment that fosters diversity, inclusion, and equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, gender, age, creed, sex, religion, national origin, disability (physical or mental), marital status, citizenship, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, or any other legally protected status.