2025 – Summer Analyst Internship – Risk
- Summer Internship
- US-BNP Paribas’ office in New York or New Jersey
The RISK Function encompasses more than 400 professionals in the region (LatAm, Canada, San Francisco, New Jersey and New York) and its main mission is to protect the bank. Risk is involved in credit decisions, market risk limits supervising or operational risk. The function is located in the heart of the decision-making process and critical initiatives of the organization as well as the day-to-day of the Bank. The Risk function is broken into several departments / streams with a unique mission.
RISK MFI (Markets and Financial Institutions):
- Ensure high quality day-to-day management of all the market, counterparty and liquidity risks of Global Markets.
- Advise Global Markets in a business minded but independent way on the quality of their risk taking and management.
- Recommend to Senior and General Management the target risk profile of Institutional and Securities Services activities, in line with the Group target risk profile
- Manage the credit approval process and policies for Institutional clients
RISK Corporate (Credit Risk):
- Ensure transparency of material credit risks in decision-making
- Ensure compliance with established limits – appetite and concentration limits
- Approve extension of credit
- Communicate with senior management, auditors and regulators regarding risk frameworks, key decisions and evolution
RISK Operational Risk Management (ORM):
- Assess the adequacy of the operational risk management set-up with regulation and group framework
- Contribute to the detection, anticipation and response to operational risks
- Ensure effectiveness of the Bank’s control framework by performing independent testing
RISK Independent Risk Control (IRC / Model risk management):
- Ensure high quality model risk management framework is developed through strong model governance and model validation:
- Developing and overseeing the implementation of a framework for managing models
- Setting the model risk appetite and risk limits;
RISK Services / COO Office (Transversal Topics and Support):
- Ensure oversight of RISK processes and report on RISK activities performance and risk analytics
- Support RISK in its transformation, automation, processes & governance
- Support the design, development and implementation of strategic and tactical services to support the IHC/Americas RISK Function
- Gather and transform data into RISK information to provide internal and external stakeholders with a holistic understanding of the Bank’s current and anticipated risks
- Develops the infrastructure (i.e. systems, models and services) to quantify, analyze and report risks
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
Our internship programs are a springboard for college students to launch their careers through exciting and intellectually stimulating opportunities.
They are highly driven, intellectually stimulating, and crafted to build your real-world capabilities. To succeed amongst our teams, we look for those with a strong academic story, sharp analytical skills, and the ability to articulate ideas well, to clients and colleagues alike.
- Graduation year of Winter 2025 – Spring 2026
- All majors accepted
- Excel skills preferred
- Quantitative/business experience preferred
- Project management knowledge
- Interest in capital market or credit activities
- Interest in the financial industry
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Suite and other communication tools
- Not afraid to be challenged by new subjects or experts
WHAT DOES A SUMMER 2025 INTERNSHIP WITH BNP PARIBAS LOOK LIKE?
At BNP Paribas, our people are our greatest asset, and we are committed to helping you grow from day one. The internship program is our primary source for hiring early talent into the Bank, providing you with the network and resources you need to build a successful career.
Over 10 weeks, you will acquire in-depth insight into BNP Paribas and gain valuable and practical experience. Whichever area you are placed in, you will join a team of award-winning specialists in a dynamic, collaborative environment. Through the program, interns have a distinct opportunity to gain guidance from mentors and exposure to senior leaders within the Bank.
As an Intern, you will:
- Engage in an initial induction training that will set you up to succeed, and allow you to network with your intern class across all business divisions
- Complete technical projects and collaborate with colleagues across the Bank, gaining exposure to real work in order to identify your skills and explore where your interests align
- Participate in weekly senior speaker events and roundtable discussions to gain a comprehensive understanding of financial markets and the industry
- Network with colleagues and learn about industry topics through workshops and speaker series, as well as through philanthropy and social events
ABOUT BNP PARIBAS
BNP Paribas is a leading bank in Europe with an international reach across the US, EMEA and APAC. It has a presence in 65 countries, with nearly 190,000 employees. The bank employs over 3,500 people in offices in the US across 10 states including New York, Jersey City, Chesterbrook, PA, San Francisco, Boston, Chicago, Denver, Miami, and Washington, DC. BNP Paribas has built a strong and diversified presence to support its client base. We continue to grow and strengthen our commitment to the US market through our Corporate & Institutional Banking activities. We are one of a few non-US banks to offer a full value chain for our clients, from trading to financing, and clearing and custody in the US with the international footprint and capacity to deliver both globally and locally. Leveraging the strength of our European roots, our network can support clients in virtually every region of the world, enabling more connectivity and efficiency wherever our clients conduct business. We take pride in our expertise and our ability to adapt while constantly looking ahead to create a more sustainable world.
As an international company with a global footprint, the unique cultures and viewpoints of our team members are an integral part of the fabric of BNP Paribas. We are a company with a purpose – to be a responsible and sustainable global leader. We aim to create an environment where our employees feel empowered to drive change, make an impact and be true to themselves. We employ talented individuals from a wide variety of backgrounds, locally and globally, and are inspired by our employees who help us in cultivating a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace through initiatives such as our Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DEI) Leadership Forum and Employee Resource Group (ERG) communities. We strive to be a workplace where all team members can grow and thrive and offer robust training, development, and mentoring opportunities to make that vision a reality. Our leaders are deeply committed to DEI and highly accessible to our employees, consistently soliciting feedback on how we can continue to support our employees to reach their highest potential.
BNP Paribas. The Bank for a Changing World – https://usa.bnpparibas/en/homepage/join-us/our-opportunities/
The annualized base salary for this position in New York, NY or Jersey City, NJ is $75,000.
EQUAL CHANCES & OPPORTUNITIES FOR ALL:
BNP Paribas is committed to providing a work environment that fosters diversity, inclusion, and equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, gender, age, creed, sex, religion, national origin, disability (physical or mental), marital status, citizenship, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, or any other legally protected status.